West Wittering and the famous West Wittering beach are located just over 3 miles from the hotel by car, or a 5 minute bus ride from the bus stop outside the hotel.
West Wittering beach is an EC Blue Flag, award-winning beach and is one of the few white sandy beaches in the UK. The beach is open all year round with parking facilities for up to 7,000 cars in the peak season. West Wittering beach is popular for beach walks, kite surfing at the local 2xs surf club and for general relaxation in the summer sun or for great winter walks. Roman Landing, an area part of West Wittering is well known for exactly that, the Roman Landing that took place there.
Key places to visit
- West Wittering beach, is proud to be a Blue Flag Beach with its associated high standards of cleanliness, safety and public information.
- The area has had some well known residents including Henry Royce, co-founder of Rolls-Royce, who lived in West Wittering until his death in 1933
- West Wittering village, lies a little way inland and has a church of Norman origin, along with a few local village shops
- Beach Cafe, provides drinks and food available to sit in or takeaway, there are also several outlets selling ice-cream and drinks, and a beach goods shop
- West Wittering, is also a fantastic destination for water sports such as Kitesurfing and Windsurfing.