Eat, drink and relax. Our restaurant rewards food and wine lovers with a unique warm and friendly environment to enjoy time with partners, friends or family. Our restaurant is one of the few restaurants in Chichester in which you can indulge in rural British cuisine. Utilising the gardens, the Potager Restaurant uses fresh, home-grown produce creating a true ‘farm-to-fork’, or as well like to call it ‘Potager-to-plate’, ethos. Our Chefs and trained front of house staff will treat you with fantastic service, friendly smiles and great food.
We’re open all day for you to enjoy a relaxing drink in our bar or in our grounds, but food is served in the below times.
Please note that our kitchen serves warm snacks from 6pm during our Happy Hour times.
Monday – Saturday
Lunch | 12-3pm Dinner | 7-9pm
Lunch | 12-3pm Dinner | 6-8pm
Friday & Saturday | 5-7pm
Monday – Saturday | 12-5pm
Dates to note for the Festive season:
25th of December:
The Potager Restaurant is open for Breakfast and Lunch, and will be closed for dinner. Please note that we are fully booked for Christmas Day lunch in the Potager restaurant.
The Cider House Kitchen is closed.
26th of December:
The Potager Restaurant is open for breakfast, and closed for lunch and dinner,
The Cider House Kitchen is open.
27th – 30th of December:
Normal opening hours
New Years Eve:
The Potager Restaurant will be open all day. Additionally, there will be a festive celebration in the Potager for New Years Eve.
New Years Day:
Start the new year off right with a Bloody Mary at Crouchers!
Please note that the entire estate tends to get very busy during this festive season. We highly recommend booking in advance.
What the Potager Restaurant offers
- Characterful, contemporary oak-beamed restaurant with views over open countryside
- Award winning Cuisine, 2 AA Rosettes for food excellence
- Local ingredients and seasonal dishes
- Open to the public for dinner and Sunday brunch
- Private dining for up to 22 guests in the conservatory and garden room
- Ability for functions and parties for up to 110 guests
- A la carte menu for lunch and dinner
- Sunday Lunch menu; choose a traditional Sunday roast, or opt for something a little more adventurous
- If you are vegan or have any special dietary requirements, please speak with a member of staff as we will do our best to cater for your diet
“Great food and service! Christine on reception was particularly helpful and made me feel very welcome to the Hotel. The evening restaurant menu was eclectic and absolutely delicious. I have tried a small sample of the selection, each time beautifully prepared and tasty! The hotel owners have spent a great deal of care and attention to the whole area and seem to be expanding to encompass new ventures, highly recommended!”Pete, Oxford