Claimed as one of the largest harbours in Europe, the Chichester Harbour is visible from the hotel being located just down the road in the direction of West Wittering.
The sheltered waters of the Chichester harbour are ideal for racing and day sailing and its channels offer secure moorings for cruising vessels. Over 10,000 craft use the Chichester harbour and there are some 5,500 moorings and 14 sailing clubs with over 11,000 members. Other popular activities include angling, birdwatching, walking, wildfowling, painting and photography.
Key places to visit
- Moorings are available throughout the Harbour offering the opportunity to enjoy the best of the natural environment
- Explore the area from the water onboard a boat trip which depart from the Harbour
- Cycling the Salterns Way Cycle Route is a great way to see the area of outstanding natural beauty
- Guided walks, there are over 90km of public rights of way. Many of these paths run right along the shoreline with fantastic views
- Chichester Harbour is used by around 55,000 birds who come here for food-packed harbour mud, grab your binoculars for a bird-spotting day out