Our incredibly talented Head Chef David Smith has been busy these last 6 months creating tantalising menus with his team of culinary legends in the kitchen for you to devour in the intimate surroundings of our Potager Restaurant.
David has also allowed us to share some of his recipes for some delectable dishes that he thinks you’ll love to re-create at home.
Here’s David’s recipe for his delicious Fillet of Salmon with a Smoked Salmon Broth and Chive Crème Fraîche…
- 4 x 180g fillets of salmon (skin on or off)
- 300ml fish stock
- 200g spinach
- 12 x spears of asparagus
- 100g orzo pasta (available multicoloured)
- 100g smoked salmon (including the skin and trimmings
- 100ml Crème Fraîche
- Bunch of fresh chives
- Start by making the fish stock. Either by using a stock cube or by boiling fish bones, 500ml water, onion, fennel, leeks and celery for 20 minutes and strain.
- Add the smoked salmon skin and trimmings to the fish stock and reduce by half then strain through a fine sieve.
- Cook the orzo pasta as per the directions labelled and chill.
- Poach the salmon in the broth until nearly cooked, then remove and keep to one side.
- Chop the chives and mix them into the crème fraîche and add seasoning to taste.
- Cook the asparagus in the smoked salmon broth then add the pasta and baby spinach and bring to the boil.
- Carefully place the salmon fillets back into the broth to serve.
- Plate into large bowls with the vegetables and pasta at the bottom.
- Slice julienne (thin strips) of smoked salmon and dress the dish.
- Place a spoon of chive crème fraîche on top of the salmon to finish.
Or if you don’t feel like making it yourself, you can treat yourself to our Potager Restaurant Set Menu for just £19pp for 2 courses or £24.50pp for 3 courses – available Monday to Saturday.