Our incredibly talented Head Chef David Smith has been busy this last year creating tantalising menus with his team of culinary legends in the kitchen for you to devour in the intimate surroundings of our Potager Restaurant.
David has also allowed us to share some of his recipes for some delectable dishes that he thinks you’ll love to re-create at home.
Here’s David’s recipe for his mouthwatering South Down’s Lamb Fillet and Cutlet
- 4 lamb cutlets
- 4 lamb neck fillets
- 4 baby carrots
- 4 baby turnips
- Tenderstem broccoli
- Lamb jus/Stock
-100g onion (mirepoix)
-60g leeks (mirepoix)
-60g carrot (mirepoix)
-4 garlic cloves
-salt and pepper
-100ml vegetable oil
- Season lamb neck fillets with salt and pepper and seal off in a pan then remove from pan.
- Add mirepoix and garlic to the pan then sweat it until soft.
- Place lamb fillets into a pot and add soft mirepoix, garlic and rosemary.
- Pour lamb jus over the fillets and cook gently over a low heat for 3 hours.
- Roast baby carrots and parsnips in a pan with butter, salt and pepper until soft.
- Cook your lamb cutlet until desired, whether you’d like it pink or well done.
- Cook broccoli in salted boiling water and drain.
- Serve in a large bowl with gratin potato (recipe to follow), lamb neck, lamb cutlet, the roasted vegetables and add some of the sauce from the lamb neck pot.
Or if you don’t feel like making it yourself, you can treat yourself to David’s South Down’s Lamb Fillet and Cutlet on our Potager Restaurant seasonal A La Carte menu – available Monday to Saturday.