Our incredibly talented Head Chef David Smith has been busy these last 6 months creating tantalising menus with his team of culinary legends in the kitchen for you to devour in the intimate surroundings of our Potager Restaurant.
David has also allowed us to share some of his recipes for some delectable dishes that he thinks you’ll love to re-create at home.
Here’s David’s recipe for his divine Smoked Mackerel Pate with Melba Toast…
- 2 x Smoked Mackerel Fillets
- 1 x Lemon – juice and grated rind
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 100ml Double Cream
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Slice of Thick White Bread
Smoked Mackerel Pate:
1. Remove the skin of the mackerel fillets and brake them into medium sized flakes then blitz.
2. Add lemon juice, grated lemon rind and horseradish. Mix all ingredients together and place into a chilled bowl.
3. Whip the double cream until it starts to form soft peaks (semi-whipped)
4. Add the cream to the mackerel mix, with the cayenne pepper and carefully fold the mixture.
5. Place the pate into ramekins and then refrigerate.
1. Using a grill, toast one side of the bread until golden then cut off the crusts.
2. Slice through the middle so you are left with 2 halves of bread.
3. With the toasted side up, rub the un-toasted side of the bread onto a chopping board to remove the excess bread.
4. Place the bread back under the grill with the un-toasted side facing upwards and toast until golden.
Serve both the pate and melba toast as you please and garnish with seasonal leaves.
Or if you don’t feel like making it yourself, you can find this delicious dish on the Potager Restaurant‘s Set Menu for just £19pp for 2 courses or £24.50pp for 3 courses – available Monday to Saturday.