UPDATED 2nd October 2020 | 11:00am
In the light of the current coronavirus, Covid-19, situation I wanted to reassure you that the health and well-being of both our guests and team members is of paramount importance and continues to be our top priority.
As current, there are no reported cases of the virus among either our guests or our team members throughout the estate but we are taking precautions in order to reduce the risk and protect you as much as possible – here’s what we’re doing:
- Following guidelines and recommendations of local authorities and the Government.
- Our team are committed to a more increased level of hand hygiene with more frequent hand washes during work and on entering and leaving the property.
- Our team are committed to wearing their face masks as a mandatory part of their uniform.
- Hand sanitiser is available frequently through communal areas.
- Increased communication with our suppliers to ensure the quality of incoming produce.
- Our team to avoid direct contact and keeping distance with others where possible.
- Our team to inform all guests of hygiene regulations upon check-in.
- Guests with any symptoms of illness will be asked to stay in their room and call a doctor via the reception desk.
- Any of our team who think they may have any symptoms, no matter how mild, will be required to work from home and not enter the hotel etc for at least 7 days.
- All of our rooms and communal areas are already cleaned and disinfected to the highest standard and will continue to be.
- All of our rooms are well ventilated with the option to open windows in each of the rooms. We do not have air conditioning so the spread of contamination through these sorts of machines is not a cause for concern.
What changes will be implemented immediately that may affect my stay?
- We kindly ask that you wear a face mask when entering the building and moving through the indoor public spaces, unless when sat at your table enjoying food and drink.
- When entering the building for any reason, please check-in via the NHS track and trace app. QR codes to check-in to the app are placed at multiple points throughout the building for your convenience.
- Our standard and group booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy for Crouchers Hotel and The Cottages still apply – please see your confirmation for details.
- We are being as flexible as we possibly can during the period that the Government imposes travel restrictions for non-essential travel. Any amendments needed to be made to your booking outside of the dates that the government has imposed travel restrictions the terms and conditions for your booking still apply.
- Our Potager Restaurant is open 7 days a week and will now be closing at 10pm. The last table reservations will be taken at 8pm to allow sufficient time to enjoy your meal.
- The Potager Bar is open 7 days a week and will now be closing at 10pm. We kindly ask that for any guests who aren’t residents of Crouchers Hotel that your drinks are finished promptly and that you make your way home by 10pm at the latest. Residents of Crouchers Hotel may finish their drinks leisurely in our lounge and retire to their room with a night cap if required.
- Our Cider House Kitchen is open 7 days a week.
What do we expect from guests before and on entering any of our accommodation or restaurants?
- To inform us of any potential risk of being in contact with someone who could have Covid-19.
- To inform us if you have recently traveled to an affected area of higher risk.
- To frequently hand wash and maintain a high level of hand hygiene.
- Avoid direct contact with others and maintain the recommended distance between others when appropriate.
- If you feel unwell, please stay in your room and inform us immediately via phone where we can call a doctor for you.
What happens in there’s an outbreak in the hotel?
- At any point where we think there may be a risk of infection in the hotel, we will inform guests as soon as possible with appropriate course of action.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the hotel at any point.
- If you develop symptoms at any point during your stay, please follow the government advice.
Should I cancel my booking?
- Our hotel and cottages are operating as normal and you can continue to enjoy your visit as planned.
- Please be assured that we are doing all that we can and following government guidelines to maintain a safe environment.
- Our normal terms and conditions still apply to any regular and group bookings and any cancellations made within the standard or group booking policy will be charged the full rate of booking.
Can I speak to someone about my booking?
Our team are on hand to answer any questions you have
T: 01243 784995
Please note that this blog will be updated regularly and we reserve the right to change any policies and terms and conditions at any stage during this period.