Our incredibly talented Head Chef David Smith has been busy this last year creating tantalising menus with his team of culinary legends in the kitchen for you to devour in the intimate surroundings of our Potager Restaurant.
David has also allowed us to share some of his recipes for some delectable dishes that he thinks you’ll love to re-create at home.
Here’s David’s recipe for his delicious Gratin Potato…
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 650g maris piper potatoes
- 330ml milk
- 160ml double cream
- 1 clove of garlic
- sprig of thyme
- salt and pepper
- 250g grated parmesan cheese
- Cut potatoes into slices about half a cm thick.
- Boil the cream and milk with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes into this boiling mix and bring down to a simmer and stir regularly until the potatoes are just about cooked.
- Drain off the excess cream and milk and add Parmesan cheese to the potatoes.
- Spoon the potato into a dish that’s suitable for the oven and cook until golden on top.
Or if you don’t feel like making it yourself, you can treat yourself to David’s South Down’s Lamb Fillet and Cutlet with these delicious Gratin Potatoes on our Potager Restaurant seasonal A La Carte menu – available Monday to Saturday.