Our incredibly talented Head Chef David Smith has been busy this last year creating tantalising menus with his team of culinary legends in the kitchen for you to devour in the intimate surroundings of our Potager Restaurant.
David has also allowed us to share some of his recipes for some delectable dishes that he thinks you’ll love to re-create at home.
Here’s David’s recipe for his delicious Gratin Potato…
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 200g Wild Mushrooms
- 4 Flat mushrooms
- 300g button mushrooms
- 250g shallots
- 1 handful of thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 300g new potatoes
- Half a bunch of asparagus
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 125g butter
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml white wine
- 5g truffle
- 1ml truffle oil
- Half a sheet of puff pastry
Method for the Mushroom Wellington:
- Chop the button mushrooms, shallots and thyme and cook in a pan with 2/3 of the white wine and leave to simmer until the liquid has reduced to nearly none, then set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the wild mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the garlic and wild mushrooms to the button mushroom mix.
- Roast the flat mushrooms and then let them cool to one side.
- Place the wild mushroom mix into each of the flat mushrooms, distributing the mix evenly between the 4 mushrooms.
- Encase each mushroom in puff pastry and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Boil the new potatoes as well as cook the asparagus and broccoli in a little butter and finish with truffle and truffle oil.
Method for the butter sauce:
- Reduce the other 1/3 of the white wine with chopped shallots and add double cream.
- Whisk in the butter and the rest of the truffle oil and chopped truffle.
Or if you don’t feel like cooking, then treat yourself to an evening out relaxing at our Potager Restaurant where you can indulge in some seasonal sensations on our A La Carte menu, Set menu and Bar menu.